Friday, July 23, 2010

The Neighbourhod NightCrawlers

The Neighbourhod NightCrawlers

My Nights had been boring recently.To get rid of this I had come back home for a change.
But still there was no change in the my condition....Until recently!!!!

In my neighbourhood empty plot there arose not one but The Three NightCrawlers.Each of these nightcrawlers have started causing menace every night turn by turn,one night crawler every night,ruining my mom's sleep.My dad being a sound sleeper couldn't care less. And as far as I am concerned lord has answered my prayers and made my nights exciting.

Now before you come to any conclusion and start imagining some mutated being teleporting from one place to another,let me clarify you about these so called night crawlers.

Actually a Bitch (Now I am not being vulgar or rude because there are no such words as dogess or a she dog) has given birth to 3 puppies a month ago and they have started to go bonkers especially every night.
The plot where they have illegally made their home has a 5 feet wall compound.On the inner side there is some sand deposition at one place of about 4.10 feet in height and on the outer side adjacent to the road is some 2 feet grass.
Now everyday either one of the nightcrawlers climbs this mountain of sand at night and declares that it is the king of the world.In its joy and excitement of climbing Mt. Everest it forgets that every mountain has a steep cliff.And it takes a tumble of the mountain into the 2 feet tall jungle.Being small and scared it starts squeaking.On this side of the wall are the other 2 nightcrwalers and there helpless mother.One gets a combination of rock,jazz and classical(Mind you,its not fusion) sung by Himesh,Farhan AKhtar and Enrique.
Now this is where my night becomes exciting.
My mission is to ensure the delivery if the puppy back to its home.My colony has 6 dogs excluding the family of night crawlers. 4 of them are stray and when this king of the hill takes a tumble these stray ones get a boost and start the harassment.5th one being a pet in the end bungalow also starts supporting his friends by barking and makes his presence felt.Its like the puppy is behind the enemy lines and I have to save it.So i have to keep an eye on these stray dogs and on the other hand I need to get hold of the scared puppy crawling in the grass hiding from its saviour.
Now as mentioned earlier there are 6 dogs in my colony. 6th being none other than Bruno,my cousin's dog ( I have a serious doubt that Bruno was the father of these puppies) is excited the most on seeing me and starts jumping with the chain around its neck.Poor guy!! Lil does he know that I am not even going to talk to him.
Now after searching and luring the puppy for half an hour, keeping the strays away,and also keeping a watch on other night crawlers or say the musketeers , i finally get hold of this scared poor guy and say 'Jai Ho'.When it is in my hands it looks so innocent, it doesn't even make a sound,it just shivers.Every night I place that cute little puppy on the other side of the wall hoping that it will wag its tail in happiness,but to my surprise it starts barking at me as a warrior trying to protect its land. I just go back to sleep with a smile hoping that one day at least it will consider me as its friend.

-Skate

1 comment: